Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 did no automatic re-calculate Date when update schedule

5 replies [Last post]
Dzung Dong
User offline. Last seen 6 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear all,

I'm newbie in group. I have a problem when update Schedule in Primavera as below. Hope get your clarification, instruction:

* When i update activity in P6 by manual follow these steps:

- Step 1: Create Baseline

- Step 2: Update activity (Depending on report, I updated each activity), i met problem, example with Activity A:

+ In Status Tab (Belong to Activity Detail option): Check started (Actual Started Date = Baseline + 2 days)

--> In right way, Actual Finished Date would be recalculated (Actual Finished Date = Actual Started Date + Duration) before I update Physical % complete and Exp Finish (or Remaining duration). But it did not work, I wondering I forgot or missed some option for this action.

Thanks!

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

glad I could help 

Dzung Dong

Thanks Zoltan Palffy.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

You need to understand scheduling the actual finshed date would never be Actual Finished Date = Actual Started Date + Duration

The Actual Finsh date is a manual unput in the same way that you did when you checked the actual started box  and input the actual start date. To get the Actual Finish date you would click the actual finish box and then select the actual finish date.

What I think that you are refering to here is an activity that has an actual start but is not yet completed. In this case you would checked the actual started box and input the actual start date then you would put in the remaining duration regardless of what the physical % compete is.

When you are all done updating you would select tools schedule or press F9 and change the data date to the new date that are recording progress up to. 

This wil give you your nre forecasted finish date. If all of the predecessors are completed then the finish date is based off of the Data Date + remaining duration. IT IS NEVER EVER THE ACTUAL FINISH DATE PLUS THE REMAING DURATION.

You need to learn about the forward and backward pass these are how dates are calculated.

Dzung Dong

Yes, I did.

Asokan Ramamoorthy
User offline. Last seen 4 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Dear

Hope u have assigned the Baseline after Step 1