Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Loading

7 replies [Last post]
Ife Olyke
User offline. Last seen 9 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

Folks,

I would be very grateful if anyone can help me with this.

I have a P6 schedule:
(a) My data date is 7th Nov 09 07:30AM
(b) Under Reports>Report Group:Resources, I created a report profile with timescale start set to DD and date interval set to week

When I run the report, the data spread starts from 2nd November 09 as opposed to 7th Nov 09... Who has an idea why this is happening???

Thanks...

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline
Hi I O

P6 is a crap peice of software anyway but try checking your project start date and then your calendars.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Ps Have you ever thought of starting an employment agency - you are halfway there with:

I O - I O - its off to work we go.
Ife Olyke
Spot on Rafael.. It’s the start day of the week that’s causing it.. Thanks...
Mark M
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi

Try changing your interval to day. This should fix your problem, & the spread from DD (07-Nov-09 07:30am) should show correctly.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Mark
Ife Olyke
Hey Mike.. thanks for your prompt response, but correct me if you think am wrong.. I don’t think this has got anything to do with project start date or calendar.. Regardless of the calendar settings, if DD is 7th Nov 07:30AM, then it should schedule all work scopes from DD accordinlgy.... and if I run te report, i should get man hours spread from 7th Nov...
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
maybe because your "planning unit" is in day?
Ife Olyke
Thanks Mark.

it works when i change timescale to ’days’. why does it not work for ’weeks’? any clues?
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 13 hours 10 min ago. Offline
Interval set to week means the software will allocate all work performed during the workweek to a single number per week, is a matter of report interval.

Depending on how the software is setup to report, either using the start date of the week or the end date of the week reports will come out using this date. In some way the software got to identify the week, either by start or end day of the week, with a monthly timescale month and year would be enough no need to specify first or last day of the month.

Maybe the week started on november 2 and therefore this is the date shown. If you select report interval to be days then it will be the specific day it started or finished as for a single day the date is the same. Software help on the screen where you selected the timescale option should give you the specifics.