Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

RESOURCE LOADING FROM EXCEL TO PRIMAVERA (P6v7)

5 replies [Last post]
PRASAD KUKUNURI
User offline. Last seen 5 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Gentlemen,

I am very new to this concept. I can create schedule and can create resources and assign in P6 (individual activites) , but I heard that we can import Resources from Excel to Primavera and also Vice versa.

Kindly tell me how to upload the resources from excel to P6 v7  and also reverse ?

Please email if any related documents.

thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Prasad

(prasad.e3@gmail.com)

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

of course it works 

PRASAD KUKUNURI

Hi

Thanks for your reply, Its worked.

Now, i have created the baseline schedule (with all durations, logic but except the assigning resources). As you said,  I have created the resources in excel and imported to P6. Now the next step is to assigning the resources (Manpower, Machinary, Material)  to Activites . I can assing the resources in P6 using (> Activity details tab > Resources tab > Add resource) but

Please tell me , is there anyway to assign the resources to all activites using - excel/import/export technique or any other short route for this step ?

I will be glad for your clear explanation.

Thank you,

Prasad

PRASAD KUKUNURI

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. Its worked out.

Please clarify another query.

I have created the schedule baseline (with all durations, logic but except the resource assigning). As you said I have created/ defined the resources in Excel and imported to P6. Now the next step is to assigning the resources ( Manpower, Material , Machinery)  to the individual activites in the schedule.

I can assign the resources from P6 ( Activity Detaisl tab > Resource Tab > Add resource ... ) But,

please tell me is there any way to assign the resources to all the activites using excel -export/import technique  or any short route for this step ?

I will be glad to your clear explanation.

Prasad  

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

create a resource call it lumpsum

make sure that calculate cost from units is set to no

filter for what you want to resource load

edit select all

right click assign resources and select lumpsum

now file export xlsx

modify what you are eqporting to include budgted labor costs and budgeted unit hours

export to excel

modify ONLY the cost and units in excel

save the file in excel

select file import 

select xlsx

select the excel file and import it.