Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to sync Activity Dates & Resource dates

2 replies [Last post]
Rama Krishnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Resource start & finish dates are not in line with activity start & finish dates.

I have a problem - when I extend activities resources assigned do not follow the activities.
I use a Non Labour resource. So by I have to default it to Non driving resource.

Is there a way to sync the resource dates & activity dates together. I prefer activity to drive the resource than the other way round for my application.

I also have a funny problem - When I drag the activity to change finish dates using mouse the resource assigned doe not follow. But instead I manually update the planned duration the resource follows & is in sync.

Anybody experiencing this problem?

All my activities are FixedDuration/Units setup. Resource assigned is one resource but non-labour. I have assigned a non -linear curve to the resource.

Rama

Replies

Rama Krishnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks
Wasantha, It works
Wasantha Nanayakkara
User offline. Last seen 2 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Rama
Try to tick the ’’drive activity dates’’ in the resource tab.I think this will solve your problem.

wasantha