Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SAP - P3e interface (excel and Impress)

3 replies [Last post]
Roel van der Sterren
User offline. Last seen 13 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
I am looking for some practical experience of reading SAP PS and PM data via Excel into Primavera but also back into SAP.

I am also interested to hear practical experiences of using Impress to communicate bweteen P3e and SAP (Plant Maintenance and Project Systems module)with a possible visit follow up.

In Petroleum Oman Development we have implemented P3e in a single structured way to manage 150 large projects and we are now moving with the operations departments to use if for integrated activity planning.

http://www.impress.com/

Replies

Anthony Magnus
User offline. Last seen 17 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Excel will be clunky as suggested and slow, once the amount of data grows.

Woodside NWS Operations use a combination of Access,P3e SDK and SAP PM ABAP’s.

Step 1 export files from SAP, Can be automated.
Step 2 Import to Access
Step 3 Import to P3e

Update data in p3 logic, dates etc..

Step 4 Export P3e to access
Step 5 Import to SAP PM

P3e Import/Export Program was developed by pcs-pl.com.au
Suggest you contact them.

The solution is using +5000 SAP W/O’s.

Chris Radecki
User offline. Last seen 6 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Excel as a medium sounds a bit clunky?

In Western Australia, Woodside (and their alliance partners) have a fairly mature process for direct import/export from Sap to P3e (not sure if using Excel)for their LNG operations.

You could try the Western Australian Primavera provider (under the main Primavera site) for a headsup.
Take a look at Laborlogics datapath. I have had some negative feedback on Impress.

Regards

Dave