Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Actual Resource Usage

2 replies [Last post]
Conrad Arellano
User offline. Last seen 9 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Why is it that in Activity Usage Profile, P3ec does not reflect the actual hours used by a Resource. Instead it distributes the hours used equally.

As an example:

Activity "A" with Resource ID "PF" assigned:
Budgeted Units=200hrs spread equally in 4 weeks (50hrs/wk)
Act type = Task Dependent
Dur type = Fixed Dur & Units
% complete type = Physical

When progressing activity "A" using the following actual values:

Week1 = 25hrs; Week2 = 75hrs; Week3 = 40hrs & Week4 = 60hrs, the Activity Usage Profile shows an actual hours usage of 50hrs/wk (total=200hrs) as if activity ’A’ has progressed according to plan with respect to planned hrs/wk.

Are there any settings or options in P3e that I missed for me to get the correct Usage Profile.

Thanks for all the help.

Replies

Conrad Arellano
User offline. Last seen 9 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks Alex for the quick reply.

I’ve spent many nights figuring out what I’m missing. I thought that using the "Period Closeout" function, P3e will automatically record the actual resource usage.

In my opinion, this is really an important function in terms of monitoring resource loaded schedules.

Now I have a good reason to tell my PM to upgrade to the new realease :-).

Thank you again.
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
C A

Answer your question - in Version 4.1 P3e or ec or teamplay

They do not have the function of Save Period Performance

This is one of the most important function in order to print out the exact Labor Histogram + Earn Value Curves.

Forturnately , this long loss function is now available in Version 5.0 which just lanuched two weeks ago.

In order to save the period performance you need to apply the actuals then save PP just link P3

HTH

Cheers

Alex