Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3e Ver 3.5.1 Original Duraiton changing while upd

5 replies [Last post]
Afzal Razak
User offline. Last seen 13 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi friends,
I joined today in this group and lemme begin by asking a simple problem which I encountered while updating my schedule.

My baseline plan shows Original duration of the whole project as 732 days, Project start date is 9th July 2002 and Project Finish Date is 08th November 2004 and 6 days, 8 hrs calendar(Friday is considered as holiday).

But when I started updating the scheudle, the original duration started changing(In the summary bar where the project name, Original Duration, Start & Finish is specified.

I would like to know why this is happening.

Regards
Afzal

Replies

Recommend that you check both activity and duration type sand refer to the user manual. Resource dependant tasks can chenge durations if actuals are applied. Durations can change if resources are altered.
Recommend that you check both activity and duration type sand refer to the user manual. Resource dependant tasks can chenge durations if actuals are applied. Durations can change if resources are altered.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
Ok Then just check bars format, and make sure about what kind of summary bar you’ve selected ( current bar summary, first baseline summary, 2nd baseline summary, remaining bar summary..etc.) all the best!
Bye
hadi
Afzal Razak
User offline. Last seen 13 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi,
Thanks for ur reply. I have Primary Baseline for my current update. BL Start & BL Finish dates are not changing. Only the original duration in the current project summary bar is changing.

Regards
Afzal
Hadi k. Shabibi
User offline. Last seen 1 year 44 weeks ago. Offline
Hi!
Did you select primary or secondary baseline ?
Did the BL Start & BL Finish changed as well for the activities
Please check that !!I think you need to creat a baseline
and use one of three methods for updating .
Bye