Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Should a Updated program be set as a target????

4 replies [Last post]
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Sirs,
I wanted to know should a updated program set as a target , Is there any logical problem if we do so in P3.
Regards
deb

Replies

Santhosh kumar Na...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hai all,
Basically base target should not be updated and you can keep updated schdule as target 2 to compare further. But i have a uneque experience braking all rules. I am in a fast track high rise building project with contractor, we started the execution of project even before contract signed!! (based on LOI)on 15th Jan 05 and at the time of contarct signature the onwer insisted us to up date all the activities as of 1st April 06. So we did it (mentioned to client it is not correct) this base program as a part of contract shows start of project 15Jan05 data date 1st April’ 06 end date so & so.. and we are updating the same. For further updates you will not face any problem
Santhosh kumar Na...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hai all,
Basically base target should not be updated and you can keep updated schdule as target 2 to compare further. But i have a uneque experience braking all rules. I am in a fast track high rise building project with contractor, we started the execution of project even before contract signed!! (based on LOI)on 15th Jan 05 and at the time of contarct signature the onwer insisted us to up date all the activities as of 1st April 06. So we did it (mentioned to client it is not correct) this base program as a part of contract shows start of project 15Jan05 data date 1st April’ 06 end date so & so.. and we are updating the same. For further updates you will not face any problem
Prabin Kumar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
There is not any problem in setting up a updated program as a target for your current project.

While doing so, please be careful and don’t update the target project (unless you don’t want any change in Target schedule) , otherwise your target project itself being updated in respect of current project (according to the rules, whatever fixed in Target Updates...)

Thanks,

Prabin Kumar
Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 9 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
If you’re making a revised schedule, then u can set the target of the revised schedule to be the previous updated revision.