Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

the target bar keeps moving when i update

4 replies [Last post]
Mark Bandong
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
I’m new to p3 and i need help. Here’s my problem: After i made the baseline program(TP5A), i made a copy (PU01) as a program for update or current program. After copying the program i opened the newly created program (PU01) and i set TP5A as the target program (tools>project utilies>targets). I’ve done this in my trial program and it worked, meaning the target program is not moving everytime i update the current program. But now, everytime i update, the target bar is the same as the bar of the current program. I am very confused on what i have done. i followed the steps but it doesn’t work. what did i do wrong. Please help me if you have any suggestions. thanks.

Replies

Mark Bandong
Thanks steven!I’ll keep that in mind.God bless!
Mark Bandong
Johny! Thanks a lot! your my saviour. It worked. God bless.
Johny Kesserwany
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Go to Format/Bar and select your Target Bar than click on ’Modify’ on the ’Structure tab’

Structure

Type: Select the data type for the start and end points. Choose target1 Early start & target1 Early Finish.

It should work.

JK
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Make sure that you specify that the target bar is to be drawn based upon the Target Plan.