Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Criticality of a target activity

5 replies [Last post]
Ulkutan Cimen
User offline. Last seen 10 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
How do you NOT show the TARGET BAR of a currently critical activity in red (or whichever colour is chosen for critical activities), while that particular activity is not critical in the target schedule itself?

Replies

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is it one of Bar Format setting?
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
USe P3e

P3e will solve your problem
MK TSE
Sorry cannot help you from my last post.
You colleague have resolve the problem. Except these 2 methods, I don’t think there is any alternative. (I prefer the first one)
To save the setting just for the presentation, save the layout with a special number/name. Bar format setting and others associated will be locked and saved. When you need this presentation, open this layout.
For general edit and working, use another layout.
Ulkutan Cimen
User offline. Last seen 10 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Mktse, thank you for your reply, but probably I couldn’t make myself clear enough, because the question was not about the criteria of criticality at all. I would like to see my current activity bar as critical (if it really is) but on the other hand, not my small target bar underneath (if it is not critical in the target schedule). In other words, we are talking about an activity which was not a critical activity in the target schedule, but in the current schedule it became critical.

Anyway, my colleague sitting next to me in the office came out with some sort of a solution: Go to Format Bars window, uncheck Critical check box for the target bar. Then it won’t show the target bars as critical. But, in this case you won’t be able to see your already-critical target activities’ target bars with the critical colour. One way to prevent this is to go to Format Selected Bars - Modify Bar Format and change the colour of those particular activities, which were critical in the target schedule, back to to the critical colour. But of course this is a quite cumbersome method if you have a large schedule.
MK TSE
Redefine the meaning of Critical, say TF less than 1000 days.