Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cumulative budgeted resources

3 replies [Last post]
kali nath
User offline. Last seen 5 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear experts,

In a project that I am currently associated with, our client had specifically insisted on using "Non-Labour" resources to be used as a progress measurement. They had issued a weightage for each WBS (Level-1) and requested us to report the progress in form of S-curve as well % progress in each WBS wise.

Because of the approvals from several departments, we had slipped away from the schedule and hence instructed to submit the recovery schedule. while preparing recovery schedule, I have updated all completed activities with "actuals" and marked the started activities as "started" with approx %complete. "Physical" 7 "fixed duration & time" are the constraints assigned for all the activities. while preparing S-curve, I had encountered a strange error, 4 of my activities which were finished in July 2018 (actuals updated accordingly) are showing started in Oct in "Resource assignment" under "cumulative budgeted units" criteria. because of these 4 activities, my planned progress for the finish date is 95.78% instead of 100%. 

for all these 4 activities, predecessors are completed (actuals) as well.

I request you to advise me on finding out the error caused in this.

thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

kali

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

are these LOe activities ?

Melih Keskintas
User offline. Last seen 5 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Resource assignment displays the start and finish date of the resource and it may be different than activity start and finish dates. Probably, those resources are not your primary resoruces and  they do not drive your activity dates, therefore, they may finish later  than activity finish date. You can set your resources dates manually for those activities with respect to your activity dates. 

Regards,

Melih 

Melih Keskintas
User offline. Last seen 5 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Resource assignment displays the start and finish date of the resource and it may be different than activity start and finish dates. Probably, those resources are not your primary resoruces and  they do not drive your activity dates, therefore, they may finish later  than activity finish date. You can set your resources dates manually for those activities with respect to your activity dates. 

Regards,

Melih