Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Understanding required regarding (unite/time & standard rate) how it' works during cost loading w.r.t units.

1 reply [Last post]
abubakar munir
User offline. Last seen 5 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Seniors,

Mr.Rafel

Mr.zoltan (Sir you have posted a data on this issue in 2014 but I did not get it fully, how) 

Mr.Valadmir..................etc

Hope all of you are fine.

I have added a non-labor resource to an activity in my schedule. I want to calculate the cost of units.

• First of all, I want to know what is standard rate & Max unit/time in the resource window (Unit & Price).Its function or how these 2 columns work together in cost loading process.
  • how it calculate budgeted cost w.r.t budgeted units in activity window( Resource tab).?
  • is our default unit/time & max unit/should be same on any schedule...?

Your earliest response is required 

Regards,

Abubakar

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 11 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

there is NO STANDARD rate and MAx units/time you set this based on your resources how they work together is that is you set price per unit to $2/LF and if you have 5 LF of whatever units that will make the costs $2*5=$10

Budgeted costs was already expalined above this will give you your budgeted costs based on the quantity of units.

default units/time & Max units can changed based on the resource being used. Maybe one resource is working 10 hours per day and another is working 8 hours per day.