Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

how to display Planned Vs Baseline curves w.r.t time?

6 replies [Last post]
Kashif Khan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

Can anyone help me by telling how to create Planned Vs Baseline curves using P6 or in any excel sheet. I have been asked by my manager to develop the weekly progress report showing these curves w.r.t time.

thanks in anticipation,

Kashif

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

1st you wil need to assign resources to the baseline schedule

next copy the baseline schedule and use the copy to do your updating 

then you can compare the baseline vs the current

zahid shaikh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Hope this helps

https://youtu.be/cocNGNW9nOY

Kashif Khan

Thanx i will try to do this and if i feel any difficulty then i will get back to you.

best regards,

kk

mudasir dijoo
User offline. Last seen 4 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Kashif

Planned and Baseline is same, you might be trying to compare %progress timewise planned/baseline vs actual

you can do one thing,

1)     Define a resource nonlabor type (i.e. Dur ) keep price/unit as 0 and default unit/time and max unit/time as 1 

so for any activity budgeted units is same as duration (i.e. 1* duration = duration).
2)     Select all activity by pressing Ctrl+A (highlight all) Resource from the menu.
3)     Select the new created resource (i.e. Dur ) and double click. (These will assign resource to all highlighted activities)

4) now go to reports Activity Resource and Role Assignments  , see monthly/weekly and cummulative budgeted units for this resource (Dur), now u can plot these weekly/monthly values in excel to get the  S-curve for planned duration complete.

5) once u update the schedule same way u can get the actual budgeted units for resource (Dur), and plot this against the planned curve.

this is just to compare duration complete planned vs actual   

regards

Mudasir

Kashif Khan

the %age progress, manhour, cost

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 7 hours ago. Offline

Hi,

Baseline = Planned... what you will compare?