Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Subcontractor's Schedule Imported but no Actual Earnings

4 replies [Last post]
Brandon Wall
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I have received and imported an update from a subcontractor which has actual progress for activities.  My problem is that their actual material and labor resources are all zero's.  We have both shared screen shots and in his schedule he has values for the actual material and labor.  I do not have any of those actual resource values that he is showing me.  I know that he is sending me the correct file and my resourece settings are as follows.

Labor Resource

Details = Auto Compute Actuals is checked.  Calculate costs from Units is checked.

Units & Prices = Price / Unit = $0.00

Material Resource

Details = Auto Compute Actuals is checked.  Calculate costs from Units is checked.

Units & Prices = Price / Unit = $1.00

My instinct tells me that the problem was in my Price / Unit.  I thought that my Price / Unit would have to match his Price / Unit but I have changed these values and nothing changes after scheduling.  My understanding is that he should have all values entered accordingly and send me the file.  After importing I SHOULD be seeing the same actual dollars and hours that he has regardless of the Price / Unit settings.

Any help is very much appreciated.  I have not seen this problem before.

Thanks,

Brandon

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

You are Welcome Brandon.

Brandon Wall
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks for the help Raymond.  That was an easy fix and lesson learned.

Raymund de Laza
Brandon, During import go to options of importing new resources instead of update existing which was set as default. regards..
Raymund de Laza
Brandon, During import go to options of importing new resources instead of update existing which was set as default. regards..