Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Incorporating A new Time Schedule to your old one

2 replies [Last post]
Javad Marouf
User offline. Last seen 10 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have this problem at work: I have my time schedule which is updated up to data date, now a new area is going to be added to project scope which the engineering and construction activities have been started 2 months before. now thay ask me to prepare a time schedule for this new work and incorporate it to my plan. please guide me in this regard how can I attach this new schedule to the project schedule(considering that some activitie in both are done or progressed) next how shoud I incorporate this change to the baseline?

Replies

Javad,

it depends on the software that you use.

In Spider Project you just create the schedule for the new area and select Add project as new phase in the project pop-up menu. Then select your project for new area and that's all.

The same may be done with the baseline where you may add initial subproject schedule where actual data was not entered.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Javad

Save the old programme in a new file and then just build up the new programme as if it was a sub-project.

Place the necessary logic to the old programme tasks and the enter progress.

Best regards

Mike Testro