Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

When importing programme to P6 from MS project ,how to assign the baseline

2 replies [Last post]
Rinet Sebastian
User offline. Last seen 10 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Hi All,

I was importing programme from MS project to P6.It's quite difficult to assign a baseline on the progress programme,because everymonth there will be new activities added to MS project.So when import this to P6 and assigning the baseline to this takes a lot of time.

Is there a quick way to fix this.

Comments and help appreciated from everybody.

Thanks,
Rinet

Replies

Rinet Sebastian
User offline. Last seen 10 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for the reply.I am not quite clear about the user defined fields.If you don't mind can you explain me how to do the user defined fields for importing to P6 and assigning the baseline for MSP programme.

Thanks,

Rinet 

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline

Hi Rinet

I'm afraid there is no other way, due to the different concepts of baselining.

MSP: Some fields added to the plan

P6: A complete copy of the the project.

I didn't check, but it should be possible to use the user defined fields to keep the information.

Good Luck!

Dieter