Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Reschedule

7 replies [Last post]
Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi everyone.

Well i come here to do the follow question.

what is the real theory of reschedule?...well i apologize if my question is take it but someone like a dumb question, but i need the answer for an expert to take a choice in my work, but the following reason.

Well, the first i know but the learning with my partners in the work that the reschedule is take the programmed percente and equal it to the executed percent (and make the same in the work plan sheet of control sheet).

So, this is a part of the reschedule that i know...if you have more information or a web page that i can see to know more...i'm very gratefull with you.

Thanks to everybody for the help!

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Zhang

Reschedule also the same as hitting F9.

Best regards

Mike Testro

zhang ting
User offline. Last seen 6 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Simply speaking, reschedule is the same as making a new schedule , just leave alone those what have been done!

Mike Testro

Hi Jhorbam

Thanks for the clarification - now we can see what you are getting at.

A point to remember for the future - If you want the right answer then ask the right question.

There are two types of extra work:

1.  Increased volume of the original tasks

2.  New tasks not included in the original programme

Or any combination ot the two.

Extending a task because of increased volume is easy if the task is resource modelled - if not you can re create the effect on a spreadsheet like this:

Original Volume / Hours per unit / Gang size = Duration

Copy the formula to the next row and change the Original volume to the Actual volume.

You then have to consider the Gang size to see if the extended duration can be reduced.

Be aware that your programme task duration will not the same as the result of the original volume calculation - this will create difficulties if the calculated durations are longer than the programme tasks.

Inserting new tasks is equally simple by just creating new tasks and linking them in.

Remember two things:

A 50% increase in volume will not necessarily genrate a 50% increase in time - it could be less by using up float or it could be more by going over holidays.

It is the contractor's duty to mitigate delays - whoever caused them - provided no extra cost is involved.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Ok i talk about reschedule because in this case the original work plan suffer changes by Most additional work and therefore work time is prolonged...not is only a update...cause a contract with a value of $25.000 will cost now with the additional work (amounts) $35000 and the original duration of 6 months is now 8 months...take that like a fictitious example...

Thanks

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Jhorbam . Yes i concur with Mike and Raymund. Maybe  the following  is helpfull.

Reschedule

I consider a reschedule as and when the applicably schedule is no longer meaningfull. This can have many reasons but the most common are that the scope of work has significantly changed and that the project is far behind schedule. In this case you reschedule so that the requirements of the stakeholders are met.

Schedule

I schedule as and when i have updated the schedule with % complete. remaining durations, actual start and finish dates and have set a new data date.

Trust this helps

Johannes

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 34 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Jhorbam,

You meant to say that you will view together the Scheduled % Complete (Program Percente) with the Performance % Complete (Executed) for comparisson.

If this the case then you are updating your program.

Regards,

Mike Testro

Hi Jhorbam

I think you may be confusing "Reschedule" with "Progress".

Please clarify.

Best regards

Mike Testro