Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 - New baseline not matching the rescheduled current programme?

No replies
Neil Davies
User offline. Last seen 8 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Good afternoon,

Under maintain baselines, I have created/'add' a baseline of my current project as a new baseline.

Then under 'assign baselines', assigned the new baseline under the 'project baseline' and 'primary' allocations.

My baseline bars displayed on the programme, I have allocated to the 'project baseline' and also to the 'primary baseline', but both scenarios get the following issues.

With the above actions I find the following issue...

1) The baseline I have just created does not match the current programme. This is the case for both completed and ongoing works.

2) The BL1 start and finish date columns, also do not match the current programme. This is the case for both completed and ongoing works.

I would of expected the new baseline to tie in with current actual dates and planned dates, to reflect the progressed programme at that point in time.

Note; I have always rescheduled the updated programme ahead creating the baseline.

Thanks for reviewing and replying.

Regards,

Neil