Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Milestones and Key dates WBS

4 replies [Last post]
Abdulhafiz Suara
User offline. Last seen 8 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Knowledgeable professionals,

Please should all milestones be gathered under a unique WBS (e.g. a WBS named "Milestones and Keydates") or should it be inserted within the WBS containing the deliverable that is related to the milestones (e.g. Engineering milestones should be under "Engineering WBS", MEP milestones under "MEP works" WBS).

Thanks in advance for your valuable help.

Abdulhafiz.

Replies

Abdulhafiz Suara

Thanks again Raymund, a friend here also suggested the same solution. However, I think I finally got around to group by Activity code as well as WBS. I appreciate your inputs man!

Cheers,

Abdulhafiz

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Create another Activity codes with the same name as your WBS.

Abdulhafiz Suara

Thanks Raymund, I follow your reasoning but the challenge Im having with Activity codes is that is will just group the schedule into "Milestones" and "No Milestones" categories which is not so cool for presentation purposes. Or is there a way to group by Activity codes as well as WBS especially in P6? Thanks again for inputs.

Regards,

Abdulhafiz

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

AbdulHafiz,

I suggest you insert those key dates within the same WBS with the related tasks and create acitivty codes to group milestone/key dates altogether for reporting purposes organized by activty codes accordingly.