Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Key milestone in clause 14 not realistic

1 reply [Last post]
kier legard
User offline. Last seen 14 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi to all,

I prepared a clause 14 programme and found that some key milestone dates are not realistic(2 months behind) due to procurement activities.We submitted the Cluse 14 programme to consultant and gave us instruction to compressed all works to meet the milestone date.Clients also advised us to make claim on the delays after approval of clause 14.

Please advice

regards,
kier

Replies

David Wallace
User offline. Last seen 2 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Kier,

Did you agree to the milestones prior to the submission of the Clause 14.1? If not, have they been introduced since the submission but prior to the consent for use?

Also, did the Engineer Instruct you to Accelerate the works? (Please note the two key words ’Instruct’ and ’Accelerate’)

I’m a litte amused that the Client has advised you to submit a claim, sounds a bit like a set-up to me.

Can you give me a wee bit more info?

Cheers,

Davie.