Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Facade - Plant Rooms interface

2 replies [Last post]
Alex Rozenkevich
User offline. Last seen 6 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Planners,

I’m doing a programme for a tower in the Middle East. The critical path goes through the initial readiness of plant rooms to receive chilled water and supply wild air through the building. As the programme is tight I have to plan the start of installation in plant rooms prior to the completion of the façade (unitized). In my opinion the main difficulty would be the restricted access for the façade installers. Please share your view on the possible problems.

Any comments are highly appreciated.

Alex

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Alex,

The best source for a solution would be your Construction Team. It depends on the site conditions and the innovative solutions that the construction team can make them happen at site.

I would highly suggest that you communicate directly with the Construction Manager and check if he can share information with you at this stage.

With kind regards,

Samer
Simon Martin
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
We’ve just completed a build where we had an issue with the ventilation intakes/extracts and cladding clashing, and also scheduling the BWIC (builders work) to create the holes required.

One issue might be that if you are using unitised facade elements you need to ensure that any intakes/extracts etc. are coordinated carefully prior to the installation stage to ensure they do not clash with the joints between the facade elements.

Simon