Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Scheduler responsibility in a Bid Proposal Team

6 replies [Last post]
Mohammad A
User offline. Last seen 5 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Planners,

I would like to know that, what are the responsibilities of scheduler in Bid proposal preparation team.

Regards

Rumi

Replies

Sunil Babu
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Ben,

The way you presented your idea was very nice and informative.

Keep it up.Good Luck.

Regards,

Sunil

Larry Bjorn
User offline. Last seen 11 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Rumi,

This thread might be of interest to you: http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?fid=&Cat=1&Top=33333

Regards,
Larry
Mohammad A
Dear Ben,

Thanx a lot for sharing ur experience. It tends me to know something more abt it.

Would you like to tell me a rough idea about the Team member of a bid proposal preparation and main jobs?

Thanx again for consdering my query.

Regards

Rumi
Ben Hall
User offline. Last seen 15 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Rumi,

I am in the Oil & Gas industry, and in this industry I ’the Planner’ supply the Tender Schedule to the Tender(Bid) team.

* Firstly, you have a meeting with your Bid proposal preparation team - get a clear understanding of the scope of work.

* Secondly, using the ’scope of work’ report you should recieve from your Bid team, you can then start to develope your schedule(plan) using the WBS method of course.

* Thirdly, have another meeting with your Bid proposal preparation team, discussing the linking of all the activities together in a logical way and add the durations, etc. You and your team can then manipulate the plan until it meets the projects requirements.

That is all the Planner is to do in the Tender (Bid) phase of a project. I hope this helps you mate.

Good Luck

Regards
Ben Hall

Mohammad A
Dear Raviraj,

May Be I had done a mistake with Scheduler/Planner word but my intention was to ask about the reposibilities for scheduler/planner in a Bid Proposal preparation team of a contruction company not the client (Owner).

Thanx for the clarifiaction through the paper PLANNERS V/s Schedulers from www.planningengineers.org.

Now, I would like to ask my question that, what are the resposibilities of a planner in a Bid Proposal preparation team of a contruction company not the client (Owner).

I hope I will get the right answer as I had corrected my question.

All the answers and suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanx and Regards

Rumi
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Rumi,

u r asking planners, responsibilities of a scheduler :-)

Jokes apart, u may find a paper on www.planningengineers.org on PLANNERS V/s Schedulers

Great paper, must read it.

Cheers,

ravi