Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import P3 Layout into P6

3 replies [Last post]
Jeff Limpin
User offline. Last seen 11 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Guys,

Is that possible to import the P3 layout and the filter into P6 platform?

Thanks
Jeff

Replies

Jeff Limpin
User offline. Last seen 11 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks Guys - I believe it always good approach start from the scratch.

Regards,
Jeff
James Barnes
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
Jeff, my reading and understanding of teh situation is the same as Dieter’s

Layouts, filters and that cannot be brought across. Mind you, given how arcane the filter system is in P3, I’m not surprised.

You may be able to do something clever with ODBC to extract the filter data from P3 then copy/paste into the P3e forms but frankly, I’d just write new ones

We are planning a migration from P3->P3e atm and are expecting to write all of our layouts etc from scratch.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi Jeff

The following was taken out of "From P3 to Primavera_V5" on the documentation CD. It is the same for P6.
"Data not converted This section lists the data items that are not converted from P3 to the Project Management module.
■ Layouts, filters, and Global Change, report, and graphic
specifications Layouts, filters, and Global Change and
report/graphic specifications are not converted with the
project; however, sample data is provided for these items in
the Project Management module."

But as it is very easy to create new layouts in P6, for me this never was a problem.
Regards
Dieter