Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Safran

3 replies [Last post]
Angus Stewart
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 weeks ago. Offline
The Company I am presently working for are about to ditch Primavera in favour of Safran, this company is work in the Oil & Gas industry and seem to think that Primavera are focused on China and Russia to built roads and bridges.

Has anyone any important back ground on Safran and where is it headed now that it is Finnish owned?

Any other comments might well be useful!

Replies

Svenn Erik Hansen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
hi, just signed up here, therefore the ’late reply’

re. background info, a number of key employees at safran here in norway used to work for metier/artemis in the 80’s -90’s and when metier stopped developing the artemis toolset, found the opertunity to develop a tool based on the artemis values of power and flexibilty.

the tools have been developed over the past 12-15 years and are now the preferred solution here in norway for oil & gas and now even civil projects.

we are now expanding into north america and have set up shop there. for more info on this have a look at www.safranna.com

re. our owners proha in finland, their background is similar to our own as they used to be the artemis re-seller since the early 80’s and also owned the company for some years

br
svenn
Gwen Blair
User offline. Last seen 10 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
One Norske company here is ditching Safran and taking up P3e in line with the Client.
Very common software in Norway, Operators and Sub Contractors use it.
Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I havent heard of Saffran but I can’t believe the reason for ditching P. The tool is generic.

My company has a lot of clients who use MSP and if we decided to ditch P3/5 then we would go down the MSP route but that would be completely backwards but much much cheaper!