Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Level Planning.?

5 replies [Last post]
Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Can Any one tell me what does levels in planning mean

I have happened to hear about level 3 planning and Level 5 panning and things like that

What does this actually mean?

Replies

Joseph Erwin Carg...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
If you are using WBS in formatting your activities you can easily define your levelling.

joseph

Zhang Haixiang
User offline. Last seen 3 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
level means level of detail.
e.g. milestone as level1, mater schedule as level2, detail schedule as level 3

different company/area/country have different ideas.
Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
We monitor level by levell.....it’s mean easy to monitor...example....Level 1 name of project...level 2 procurement,comm, fab.... level 3 shopdrwgs,as-built...level 4 mark cut for stiffeners......that’s example....so from level 5 will create progress for level 4....and contuniuosly......
Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Clive

Thanx for your help

But the thing is i cannot download the pdf file from the site.....I tried but it keeps showing some error message

So if you have the pdf file

Can u please mail it me........:D
at sharif@wadeadams.com

Regards
Sherif A Aziz
Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
If you look up the website of Planning Engineers organisation you will find a paper on this subject from Gary France, there is also a thread on this subject on PP