Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SAP discussion forum

6 replies [Last post]
Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 7 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Any one would like to participate in SAP Discussion would be appreciated.

willcome by any question about SAP integrated with P3e.

Regards
Ali
================================

Replies

Ganesan Karthikeyan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

There is a intergaration tool between Primavera & SAP PS is supplied by Primavera is called primaver inspire. Please check up

Se de Leon
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

HI Aneez,

I'm currently involved in evaluating SAP PS.  Can you give a list of questions(leading of course) so that I could pinpoint right away the weakness of this software? 

Thanks,

Aneez Mohamed
User offline. Last seen 10 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hi guys,

Saw this new thread and felt I could relate my experience.

When I moved into my present company, which was primarily a client company in the pharmaceutical business, they were already on a SAP platform. They also had the PM module installed and running in their company. They had not worked on primavera till I took on as planning consultant for their new greenfield project. As such I was asked to study the PM module and suggest if the planning for the project could be taken up on SAP and wether the investment on Primavera could be avoided. After spending many days studying the PM module on SAP, I came to the conclusion that SAP is more suitable for production planning and not good enough for scheduling in construction projects which require higher degree of flexibility in terms of scheduling and reporting.

I did not find much trouble relating the terms used in SAP with those used in regular scheduling softwares. It becomes much easier to understand these terms when you have a bacground knowledge about the other modules in SAP and how they function in relation to each other.

As for the integration part, the Primavera dealers guaranteed that the integration to SAP from Primavera is possible and that they would provide the necessary backup for the integration. However nobody in their office here had actually done it till date and even I have not heard any stories about successful integration of Primavera and SAP.

Would like to know about anybody who has done this and how they did this.

Aneez
Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 7 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Alex,

thanks for your reply.yes it is about integration with SAP.Since we are Planners let us first of all talk about PS(project system)..what are the terminologies used in SAP and how can we understand them with respict to P3E.I have observed many new terminolgies.such as Network,Activity , Activity element,Task,Oper,Work Center,Cost Center,Cost element,Work Group.those items are not existing in p3e.

As we all know we can’t talk a language unless we understand it is words or Alphabits in summary let us understand first the dictionary of SAP.

I hope this will be good start for discussion.

thanks

Ali
==================================================
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Dear All

What is the topic is about Integration with SAP ?
What module in SAP CC,PM,IM,PS,HR??
Integrate with WHAT?? P3e P3 ....
Integration Fromat - Live link, periodic download....

I think we may need to setup couple of threads, what do everyone think??

Cheers

Alex
ALALASUNDARAM RAV...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ali
I also would like to know more about this. Can any one share?