Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project Plan Checklist

5 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I would like to find a basic project plan CHECK LIST for individuals just being introduced to putting together a project plan and what the plan needs to encompass.

Replies

Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Also you see pmbok in the PMI website
Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Try to visit

www.RonWinterConsulting.com

regards
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
Please see website : www.projectconnections.com

Derek Phillips
User offline. Last seen 20 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
I suggest you try publications on project management from institutions such as Chartered institute of building, Building Research Establishment, The Association of Project managers. These all have generic check lists which could be adapted for your use.
Guy Hindley
User offline. Last seen 5 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Quite simply to me Planning is all about logic. Define the obective to be achieved first. Identify tasks to reach that objective (sometimes called a milestone). Next understand the dependencies between the tasks. Next is to estimate the time the individual tasks require. Once that is done a first pass programme exists. Revision may then be needed to the dependencies/ task durations to try and meet the Customer required end date. By having the logic mapped out first, if the end date required is not initially met,then everything done to "crash" the programme is a cause of potential Risk. Hey Presto - at a simple level programme and risk are now integrated.

Hope this helps. To me Planning is all about understanding and driving out dependency (logic) and identify risk.