Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

checklist for schedule

9 replies [Last post]
Ritesh Kumar
User offline. Last seen 1 year 42 weeks ago. Offline
Dear all

If u have to get review of schedule.
What will be checklist & why ?
Any input will be appreciated.

Regards
Ritesh Kumar

Replies

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Hi anoon,

This is the article what Garcia is mentioning about.

http://www.ronwinterconsulting.com/rabaseline.htm

Ashraf: This doesn’t cover the DO’s and DoNT’s, but will help you in a much better way.

Cheers,

Raviraj
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
i think these are important:

1. make sure the schedule encompass the project scope

2. make sure it is dynamic (check for constrained activities)

3. make sure the tasks durations are realistic

4. check for resource loading (unit of measures used)

5. make sure tasks relationships are logical

6. and finally, make sure that the project exists!
A D
Thanks buddy,

I have full article now with me.
ulysses garcia
User offline. Last seen 13 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Ravi;

To be able for you to remember where you got that ideas as i told you in my previous post that i am familiar with your comments.
you will find it at RON WINTER CONSULTING. seach it in googles..
A D
A good paper seeting out the checklist and discusses what should be taken into account when checking the validity of contactors schedules.

http://www.planningengineers.org/publications/papers_download.aspx?id=22

Cheers,

Raviraj A bhedase
A D
Hi,

I have not generated these ideas. This document was with me from long time. Can’t recall at this moment of time.

Well Ashraf, I dont have any do’s and Don’ts now. I will found out, and if I have any, i wil pass on to you.

Cheers,

Raviraj A Bhedase
ulysses garcia
User offline. Last seen 13 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Hi Ravi,

Your answer to the question is seems familiar to me. from where you got that ideas?
Ashraf Jahangeer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Ravi,

Thanks for the checklist, I am wondering how it will help me as a PMC Engineer in approving the Contractor schedule.

Do you have some recommended dos and don’t for a schedule.

Regards,

Ashraf
A D
Being working from consultant side, here are some of the things that need to be checked:

Statistical
Does the project use Imposed Finish Dates? Does the project use the same calendar start date? Does the project start on the same workday? Does the project use the Company Name Field? Does the project use the Project Name field? Does the project use the Report Title field? Does the project use the same Calendar Numbers? Does the project use the same Calendar Holidays? Does the project use the Rules Description field? Does the project use the Rules Date field? Does the project use the same Autocost Rules settings? Does the project use the same CPM Rules settings?

Activities
Does the project require all Activity IDs to be Numeric or Alpha? Does the project require the leading character in the Activity ID to be a letter? Does the project require all Activity IDs to be the same length? Does the project allow Activity IDs to have embedded spaces? What is the maximum duration allowed? Are any of the Types of Activities not used? Does the project allow Task Activities to have zero Original Durations? Does the project have smaller ratio of critical and near-critical activities? Does the project require Activity Descriptions to be left-justified? Does the project require all Activity Descriptions to be unique?

Codes
Does the project use Activity ID Codes? Does the project use the same Activity ID Code Field Definitions? Does the project use the same Activity ID Code Instance Descriptions? Does the project allow blank Activity ID Codes to be used? Does the project use Does the project use Activity Codes? Does the project use the same Activity Code Field Definitions? Does the project use the same Activity Code Instance Descriptions? Does the project allow blank Activity Codes to be used? Does the project use WBS Codes? Does the project use the same WBS Definitions? Does the project use the same WBS Titles? Does the project allow blank WBS to be used?

Relationships
Does the project use all four of the possible relationship types? Does the project use negative lags? What is the maximum allowable lag used? What is the minimum allowable lag used? Does the project use SS and FF relationship pairs? Does the project use relationship pairs other than SS/FF? Does the project use more than two relationships between the same activities? Does the project have more than one activity with no predecessor? Does the project have more than one activity with no successor?

Constraints
Does the project use any of the 11 possible constraints?

Cost
Does the project use Costs for Task type activities? Does the project use Costs for Milestone and Flag type activities? Does the project use Costs for Hammock and WBS type activities?

Logs
Does the project use Log records?

By the way ritesh, in which company u r working now?

Cheers,

Raviraj A Bhedase