Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SS & FF Relationship

No replies
Huss PS
User offline. Last seen 46 weeks 15 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

I have a scenario where i have to use SS & FF relationship together. Problem is it's not working.

Objective:

A1170 strats when A1130 Starts

A1170 finished when A1160 finished

1.png

I tried adding LOE activitiy (A2690) and put a relationship with A1170 but this didn't work. I think i have to put both SS & FF relationship with LOE activity but this didn't work.

Did the same for WBS summary but same happenend.

1.png

Any suggestions please.

thanks 

Huss PS

Thanks all for recommendation but this activity is not an overhead. Its is task dependent and can be on CP with resource assigned to it.. The tricky part is, it dpendent on the 2 activities above it. So, in simple terms i need to relate it with the earliest start & latest finish of either of the above 2 activities.

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 42 min ago. Offline

LoE activities are terrific for 'overhead' costs and resources, and even better for collecting timesheet data that has not got any activity ID information. You cannot level the resources.

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 2 days 2 hours ago. Offline

Of course you can use LOE for resource loading. It is a logical way of resource loading such as prelims, engineering, constuction supports, equipment usage and or summary level of resouces.

Huss PS

Thanks, But i need to assign resoureces to it. Not sure if that will work with LOE and might need to reosurce level it too in future.

Huss PS

Thanks, But i need to assign resoureces to it. Not sure if that will work with LOE and might need to reosurce level it too in future.

Huss PS

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 19 hours 50 min ago. Offline
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 2 days 2 hours ago. Offline

The only way is to use LOE as per below:

A1170 - LOE Activity
Predecessor  A1130  SS
Successor A1160 FF