Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Invalid Relationships & Not ideal critical path!

3 replies [Last post]
Jojie Pepito
User offline. Last seen 5 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Good day !

I need your help...

facts,

1. I have 800 activities on my scheduled project that mainly consist of 24 buildings and roadworks.
2. When i scheduled the project, there are 46 milestone activities which have an invalid relationships.
3. All this activities were completion activities which are linked to project completion.
5. Please advice me on how to resolve this problem.

and my expected critical path was not the one appeared on the scheduled project. Advice please!!!!!!!11

Replies

Maghsoud Joudi
User offline. Last seen 13 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Change your bar view to show float as well. You have some activities with no successor or long float which changes the critical path.
Jojie Pepito
User offline. Last seen 5 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for the reply!

All the invalid relationships has an Finish milestone actvity type because it is all completion works.

I need to determine the logical and real critical path but the result is very far from reality.

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
try using finish milestones and FF links (for invalid relationships)

for expected critical path - try to use FS links (only!)