Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera 6 - Move from 1 PC to Another

6 replies [Last post]
Jithin Kambhikanam
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hello Everyone,

May be this has been discussed before and I did search it over here but was not able to find the exact answer.

Situation :

My old laptop had some problem so was given a new laptop. I was working on Primavera in old laptop. So while moving to the new Laptop I would like to transfer the files(Projects) from old laptop to the new one. How to ? Mine is a Oracle Database.

Note : I did try the Export and Import but that doiesnt export or import baseline.

Could you please provide me a link or a video tutorial regarding the same. I would like to have everything as it was in my old Laptop.

Regards

Jithin

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

unless you are using anewer version of P6 the baseline DOES NOT COME with the project  so release the baselines and then export all projects and then re-establish the baslines in the projects

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 3 weeks ago. Offline
If you want to copy an entire database, then you have to find out how to backup your old database and restore it on your new pc, then reestablish connections from your p6 client. Zoltans option is best if you can't do the database copy. Just restore all baselines, open the projects you want to move and generate XERs to import into your new database.
Kareem Sharara
User offline. Last seen 5 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

if I can't access windows but I can access the hard disk, there is any way to get a file from setting file on the C:\ copy and past in the new computer ????

Kareem Sharara
User offline. Last seen 5 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

if I can't access windows but I can access the hard disk, there is any way to get a file from setting file on the C:\ copy and past in the new computer ????

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

you can open all the projects at the same time then export then copy to a thumb drive or a cd or a dvd and then import them to the new pc

Andrew Podolny
User offline. Last seen 41 weeks 3 days ago. Offline