Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

User defined field name changed

1 reply [Last post]
Floris Gering
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

I'm working for a chemical company in Germany with different site locations. We all use Primavera P6 to plan our turnarounds.

A strange thing happened yesterday. Suddenly we noticed after logging in that a user defined field which we have created at the start, named "X", now has a different name, "Example_2017_X".

My colleague and I are sure that we haven't changed this UDF, so who has ?

Can I see somewhere who has created or changed UDF in a logbook ?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Starting in version 6.0, database auditing was added to the P6 database. Auditing is a method to log the edits, additions and deletions made by users of the Primavera application. Every change made by a user results in Data Manipulation Language or DML (INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE statements) execution against tables in the database. Every application table in the schema has its own auditing trigger that can log the changes to the table whenever and by whomever makes the change. Because the trigger is owned by the database schema owner there is no way to bypass its execution.

In General, auditing does not take affect until the user creates a new session after auditing is enabled. Additionally, auditing does not stop auditing active sessions (sessions established prior to disabling) until the session is terminated. For example, a user is logged in to application and auditing is enabled. The user will not be audited until the customer closes out of the application and logs in again.

The commands depends on what version p6 and and if you are using SQl or orcale as you datas base.

Version 15.2, database auditing can be configured from within P6 (web) without the need to run any stored procedures against the database directly. 

To access the database auditing application settings:

1. Login to P6
  2. Browse to Administer, Application Settings
  3. Select the Auditing tab