Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Change activity project codes assignments from a User Defined Field using Global Change in Primavera P6

3 replies [Last post]
Baz Kawar
User offline. Last seen 1 year 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am having difficulty using Global Change to set to assign to an activity the Activity Project Code value from a User Defined Field Value, it forces me to mannually enter the Activity Project Code value, Why? it should allow me just to simply to make the code value equal the value in the User Defined Field.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

as always the code defenition must be already setup

once this is done importing values from excel is much easier

why dont you export and activity to excel that has the global code and use it as a templete for importing values back into p6 via excel

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline

Baz, do it via Excel Import - will be much easier to do than manually as you already have the values assigned in th UDF fields.

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline
Yes, That would be a great idea. I suggested it to Oracle in 2011. Welcome to the club, Baz