Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 16.2 Import Problem

10 replies [Last post]
yalçın güner
User offline. Last seen 29 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi All,

I have a problem about importing my actual dates to primavera

When I selected my excel sheet to import Primavera, P6 notice me that

The User Preferences used to create this Excel file are not same as your current preferences. Importing this file could corrupt your data. Please refer to Help for more information about importing data from Excel. Are you sure that you want to continue?

Another thing I recognized that the cells in exported excel sheet doesn't contain apostrophe(') in front of data. I think Each cell should contain apostrophe. By the way my p6 version is 16.2

Thanks All in advance.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

you need the latest patch 

Montasir Abdelhalim
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline

Hi All, 

Please help me with the same problem..

I can't import my updated activities from excel to primavera 16.2 .. 

Please provide with simple  steps to overcome it..

Thanks and best regards

Zoltan Palffy

another excel utility is called KUtools I use the heck out of it I can add the tick marck in front of any cell even whole columns it has a lot things excel does not.  

https://www.extendoffice.com/order/kutools-for-excel.html

Hisham Ahmed
User offline. Last seen 7 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

THIS IS VERSION 16.2 PROBLEM!

Same as your case, I have been doing alot of shorcuts with excel expor=>import with versions 6.2 and 7, all was fine starting with updating to resource loading and relationships. Now, this feature simply does not work on 16.2 although I consider myself very familiar with excel import in earlier versions of P6.

I noticed that the exported excel file is in Version 2010 instead of 2003 with P6 V7. I thought that Oracle wanted to keep pace with Ms Office but instead, they messed it up, giving us a very hard time. Taking weeks to do what took an hour before.

I hope someone with better IT background will take us through this issue.

Hisham Ahmed
User offline. Last seen 7 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

THIS IS VERSION 16.2 PROBLEM!

Same as your case, I have been doing alot of shorcuts with excel expor=>import with versions 6.2 and 7, all was fine starting with updating to resource loading and relationships. Now, this feature simply does not work on 16.2 although I consider myself very familiar with excel import in earlier versions of P6.

I noticed that the exported excel file is in Version 2010 instead of 2003 with P6 V7. I thought that Oracle wanted to keep pace with Ms Office but instead, they messed it up, giving us a very hard time. Taking weeks to do what took an hour before.

I hope someone with better IT background will take us through this issue.

yalçın güner

It didnt worked. I have been using ASAP for a long time. While I was using p6 15.1 I had no problem to import

I couldnt anything from excel since we have installed P6 16.2.

Note that My exported excel spreedsheet's cells doesnt include Apostrophe in front.

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 16 hours 55 min ago. Offline

Consider using ASAP Utilities Free.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

Zoltan Palffy

lets say your dates are in column L to add the apostrophe just insert another column let's call that K and put the apostrophe in column K and copy it to the bottom. Now in column M use this excel function =K&L. Now copy column M and go to column L and select paste special and select value. Now delete columns K and M and import the excel file.

I do this all of the time. 

yalçın güner
    It didnt work Zoltan. To add time into the dates I have to convert my dates format to text but the exported cells doesnt contain apostrophe. I had been using 15.1 version before 16.2 and I havent had any problem regarding this issue.
Zoltan Palffy

just EXPORT a few activities that have actual dates. Then use this as a template to import your actual dates. You must include the times also.