Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource assignment fields grayed out - Primavera P6 16.2

7 replies [Last post]
Danilo Bojovic
User offline. Last seen 4 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi guys, this is my first post here.

I am using Primavera P6 16.2 for my MSc thesis. Current problem that I have is that I cannot assign material resource for specific day of the activity, the fields are gray instead of white, as in few YouTube videos I watched - In this case, I want to assign Concrete for the last day of the activity, and Reinforcment for the first day of the activity. I've tried to change max Units, and tried to change something in Resource settings, but with no success.

And one more question, is it possible to assign same resource to multiple activites with the same quantities?

Kind regards,

Danilo

Screenshot down below

planing_planet.jpg

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 20 hours ago. Offline

always works if you follow my advice

Danilo Bojovic

For first question I've assigned resource curve (made my own in resource curve menu). 

For second, I've set default value for resource units, then selecting multiple activities, and assigning that resource to them.

Zoltan Palffy

what worked like a charm ? which solution ?

Danilo Bojovic

Thank you guys, it worked like a charm!

Zoltan Palffy

Part 1 answer

assign a resource curve to do what you want as far as adjusting how the resource will be distributed

Part 2 answer

highlight all activities right click

assign then resources

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 34 weeks ago. Offline

Several ways to assign the same quantity of a resource to multiple activities.  If you have authority in the resource dictionary, change the default allocation to your required quantity. Then filter the activities you want to allocate the resource to, then CTRL A, then right click and chose Assign -> Resources.

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 34 weeks ago. Offline

Quite a few reasons this happens. Mostly it is the duration type of the activity.

You can only manually enter future period values for activities with a duration type of Fixed

Duration & Units and Fixed Duration & Units/Time