Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Help needed. Urgent

3 replies [Last post]
Sami ul haq
User offline. Last seen 2 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Everyone, 

I am a new user to Primavera P6. I recently installed P6 in my company's system. It was running fine i made 3 projects on it. I restarted my system yesterday and suddenly i am unable to open primavera. When i open it and type my password "admin" it says unable to connect and gives me an option to create new data base. I can not also create new data base as it gives me an error "Bad public user name or password. ORA-12518: TNS:listener could not hand off client connection" 

Please help me. I can reinstall primavera but problem is I don't want to loose my projects data.

Thanks 

Replies

Sami ul haq

Thank you Alexandre for your reply. I am useing P6 R8.2. After doining lots of search on internet I was able to figure it out. I was not configuring the database in right way. All i had to do was to change oracle string connecction from PMDB to XE to configure it. 

Sami ul haq

Thank you Alexandre for your reply. I am useing P6 R8.2. After doining lots of search on internet I was able to figure it out. I was not configuring the database in right way. All i had to do was to change oracle string connecction from PMDB to XE to configure it.