Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Adding a resource to a project

18 replies [Last post]
Stephen Odom
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello!

I'm using P6 to manage a non-resource loaded schedule and am attempting to add resources, but on the Resources tab, the option to create a resource is greyed out.

I have full permissions and am listed as an Administrator. The Security Profile Add/Edit/Delete priveleges are checked as well. The Display: All Resources shows no resources.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

Martin Thomson
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi,

I also had this same issue but managed to fix it now.

Needed to get our company administrator/superuser to go into - Users - Global Access - and tick the box that says "Specify the resources that the user will be able to access - All resource access" for your primavera account.

Once done the add resource button was no longer greyed out and i was able to create resources

Martin Thomson

Hi ,

I had this issue as our primavera is set up across the company. Fixed it now with a bit of perseverance :) 

I had to get our admin/superuser to go into Admin – Security profiles - Tick all privellages (which i think was mentioned earlier on this post) but after that i also had to go into Admin – Users - Global Access - Tick all resource access and now that has worked, my add resource button is no longer greyed out and i also have visibility of all our enterprise resources. 

its easy to miss the small box that needs ticked!

Martin Thomson

Hi ,

I had this issue as our primavera is set up across the company. Fixed it now with a bit of perseverance :) 

I had to get our admin/superuser to go into Admin – Security profiles - Tick all privellages (which i think was mentioned earlier on this post) but after that i also had to go into Admin – Users - Global Access - Tick all resource access and now that has worked, my add resource button is no longer greyed out and i also have visibility of all our enterprise resources. 

Ive attached a picture of the second task as its easy to miss the small box that needs ticked!

capture.png

Martin Thomson

Hi ,

I had to get our admin/superuser to go into Admin – Security profiles - Tick all privellages (which i think was mentioned earlier on this post) but after that i also had to go into Admin – Users - Global Access - Tick all resource access and now that has worked, my add resource button is no longer greyed out and i also have visibility of all our enterprise resources. 

Ive attached a picture of the second task as its easy to miss the small box that needs ticked!

capture.png

wysiwyg_imageupload::

Martin Thomson

Hi ,

I had to get our admin/superuser to go into Admin – Security profiles - Tick all privellages (which i think was mentioned earlier on this post) but after that i also had to go into Admin – Users - Global Access - Tick all resource access and now that has worked, my add resource button is no longer greyed out and i also have visibility of all our enterprise resources. 

capture.png

Martin Thomson

Hi ,

capture.png

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

all of the boxes should be checked under the security profile for Has Privilege

Stephen Odom

In my Users dialog box, no one is listed as an Admin Superuser. I have a few IT people and some coworkers, but they are all the same security profiles as me or lower...

Zoltan Palffy

you should be admin superuser

and all of the boxes should be checked under the security profile for Has Privilege

Stephen Odom

Still having issues creating resources. 

I am listed as an Administrator in P6 and have the priviledges to Add/Edit/Delet Users. Does this mean only inside of a project? Is there a level above Administrator that you guys are in that allow for creating resources?

Stephen Odom

It's greyed out and not active; nothing happens. Is this normal? Is there a master setting I haven't unlocked?

Thanks!

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Stephen

Just one more try.

As I can see you have access to the resources tab under Enterprise

What happens when you click the +  button on the right-hand site of the screen or right-click and use insert.

Regards Johannes

Stephen Odom

Hi Johannes,

That's where I am having my challenge. Inside the enterprise resouces display, I am unable to create a resource. It might be just something I am missing.

Thanks!

resources.png

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Stephen

Before you can add resources from the activity windows tab on the bottom of the screen, you have to make first a resource under the enterprise resource tab.

After that, you add the resource to the activity in the activity window resource tab.

If still grayed out, right click and select filter "all resources or project resources.

Regards Johannes

Stephen Odom

The project is opened. Everything seems normal, but the function is not active.

Stephen Odom

The project is opened. Everything seems normal, but the function is not active.

Zoltan Palffy

try opening a project first 

Stephen Odom

The Add function is greyed out. Pressing Insert doesn't add the resource.

Stephen Odom

The Add function is greyed out. Pressing Insert doesn't add the resource.

Zoltan Palffy

try pressing the insert key and see what happens

Stephen Odom
Yes
Zoltan Palffy

is the project open ?

Stephen Odom

Hi, sorry for the delay (just turned on email notifications).

I am listed as an administrator with the same security profile on Primavera P6 R15.1

Under the security profiles, all administrator privileges are checked, including Add Resource.

Thanks!

Stephen

Stephen Odom

Hi, sorry for the delay (just turned on email notifications).

I am listed as an administrator with the same security profile on Primavera P6 R15.1

Under the security profiles, all administrator privileges are checked, including Add Resource.

Thanks!

Stephen

Zoltan Palffy

What version are you using ? Do you have global right or just project rights ?