Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Tracking Revenue & Dealing with Changes

3 replies [Last post]
Harry Angell
User offline. Last seen 4 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

Currently we track revenue [what we can claim from the client] by assigning a  value loaded Non-Labour Resource to each activity, this is fine for measuring individual values per activity, but for overheads [Security/Welfare etc..] we assign them to a WBS Summary bar.

Now my question is, if we had a project that lasted 10 days, and the Value is £10 per day, today is day 5 and I have updated the schedule and we have claimed £50 but now we have a delay and the project is going to take another 7 days [so an extension of 2 days].

When I now update the project the Actual Cost [what we should & have claimed] will now drop and the remaining cost will rise, but obviously we have already claimed 50% so how do I get primavera to stand its ground on the actuals?

Thanks

Harry

Replies

Harry Angell
User offline. Last seen 4 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks for the replies it just confirms what I was thinking. I said to management that its [P6] not designed for this but they were adamant that I give it a try.

Thanks

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 days ago. Offline

Harry

IMHO your claim terminated the activity. The new delay should lead to a new activity. It's difficult to mix planning and accounting. They are different.

Regards

Dieter

Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

Harry,

If it is not scheduling...it  should not go in schedule.

Do it in Excel.

My two cents.