Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Claim Digger as an option for tracking changes

7 replies [Last post]
Carmen Arape
User offline. Last seen 6 years 35 weeks ago. Offline

Hi PP members

Per P6 definition, Option Claim digger enables you to generate a report that compares selected data fields in a revised project and its corresponding original project or a revised project and a corresponding baseline.

If I would like to track a group of changes done by planners during one DAY.

Using claim digger, the solution would be: Start the day with a copy, therefore two schedules are available;
- sched. 1 – before changes
- sched 2 – after changes

At the end of the DAY, running the claim digger I can easily identify changes.

Has anyone done this ???

Thanks & Cheers,
Carmen

Replies

Mohamed Hegab
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Did you try an independent tool such as schedule cracker (www.schedulecracker.com)?  It does the job with very nice reports and features.  They offer it for free 14 day full functional trial.

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Error does come, if u r working on a network system and u dont have full access for all softwares and all folders.

Plz ask ur admin guys to give u full access for teh said folder. To run Claim Digger application, u require full access or otherwise u dont require access to this folder to operate P6.

Cheers,

rav
Carmen Arape
User offline. Last seen 6 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Planners,

Thanks you for your comments.

Raviraj

While executing the comparison, I got an error message. The full access mentioned by you, It is not a default at the moment of setting up the software.

Dieter,

I was comparing two schedules of 500 activities each. I made off some fields that I did not want to include in the comparison. May be that’s the reason of the slowness. I mean IF you try to compare the two databases with all fields. I wanted to compare ONLY, duration, constraints and relationships.

Cheers,
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

I tried it but too slow. It’s time consuming.
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Carmen,

You maybe looking for "error digger", i believe there were lots of ways to do it and it always takes time. Do you need someone to do it for you?
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
U need to have full access for following folder to use Claim Digger:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Primavera Common\Java

Or otherwise u will get error code

Cheers,

Ravi
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Carmen
when I tested this function I found it reliable, but too slow, so I stopped using it.
Dieter