Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera License

2 replies [Last post]
Tom Tom
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I currently have a single Primavera license. I installed my Primavera database on my home server as I have had my laptop crash several. The problem is that sometimes I work from places with poor internet connection so I created another local database on my laptop. The check in/out makes it easier to sync the schedule back into the central database once I get a good internet connection. Do I need to buy an additional license for the second database. I believe I saw something in the oracle agreement saying every system requires a license or something like that. Any thoughts?

Replies

Tom Tom
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Primavera license has changed since it was acquired by Oracle. The license enforcement is now open ended. You dont need to enter your license information to use P6 software. Anyone can now download and use the software. You just have to make you obtain a license for every user. How can Oracle trust people that much?

Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline

Not sure of current requirements, so disregard. Years ago, when Primavera was not Oracle, I got written permission to install on both PC and laptop, as long as it was single user. Same for Pertmaster (PRA). Have you tried contacting them?

open optionsThe last attempt to connect to our servers failed. Please check your internet connection.