Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 version 8.3.2 - RESP codes ?

5 replies [Last post]
Frank Haren
User offline. Last seen 7 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am using version 8.3.2 and can't seem to find the "responsibility" option to assign responsibility to different activities. 

I had previously been using a later version of P6 at previous employer and remembered using "RESP" and having it shown in my layout right after start and finish dates so we could see responsibile party for each activity. 

My goal is to assign responsibilities amongst 15 different subcontactors for about 20 activities each. 

What are my options in this release version ?

I haven't used Resource, Roles, or other optoions before and would prefer to use "RESP". 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

let me give you a heads up about this code. This is a typical code that can be used in several project schedules. So when you try to use this same EXACT code again the filter may not work correctly. I suggest that you make the code RESP-XX and make the XX some thing associated with the project abbreviation or something similar. 

Frank Haren

Thank you to the 2 posters. Especially the Video !

I used activity codes and this accomplished what I was looking to do. 
I came from a Suretrak background scheduling construction projects, and we organized by activity codes in Suretrak.

Then upgraded to P6 and used WBS. 

Now I am using a blend of both. Thanks again. 

Frank Haren

Thank you to the 2 posters. Especially the Video !

I used activity codes and this accomplished what I was looking to do. 
I came from a Suretrak background scheduling construction projects, and we organized by activity codes in Suretrak.

Then upgraded to P6 and used WBS. 

Now I am using a blend of both. Thanks again. 

Jose Frade
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

One possible option is to create an activity code "RESP" and use it for whatever you need (filter, layout, sort, progress tracking, etc)

Hope it helps.

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Frank

The I have made a short video instruction to assign responsibilyity to activities.

Here is the link http://www.screencast.com/t/jFsZDh9IJl2

Is this what you are looking for?

Regards Johannes