Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 version issue? Edit, User Pref., Application - why do only some versions show "Codes" value vs description choice?

4 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 week 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am using version 18.8 P6 version issue? Edit, User Pref., Application - why do only some versions show "Codes" value vs description choice?  I have seen snapshots on Linkedin of the choice "Specify how to display code values" - I do not get the choice and do not see a format column for the Value Description.  I can only show the value, which of the two is the less preferred.  I tried exclusive mode, no difference.  Any ideas why or how to correct.  Yes I can make a UDF but I have seen the option - just do not have it.  Perhaps they made it a column choice that I just do not see.

Replies

Andrew Podolny
User offline. Last seen 41 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

John,

Check that you (your loign) have Admin Superuser privileges under Admin->Users.

Cheers

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Rodel is correct

however even in version 8.2 you can also go to edit user preference and under Group and sort select show id / code instead of show name / decsription

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 14 hours ago. Offline

This issue has been addressed in P6 version 20

Codes-Options

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

I guess you can create another code and make the description the same as the code value

i.e.

responsibility 

code value    code description

civil              civil

I think that you can do it as a global change