Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

1st 2nd 3rd FIX for MEP

3 replies [Last post]
Ahmad Ghidan
User offline. Last seen 8 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Planers 

I Have a little bit information about 1st and 2nd and 3rd Fix for MEP  , could yours help me to undestand that ? or if anyone have a Pdf file about fixs step ?

best regards 

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Ahmed

The 1st 2nd 3rd fix for MEP stages are misleading and are used by planners who do not have a full understanding of the MEP / structure interfaces.

Kannan got it about right with his definition but that is a generalistion that works in a level 3 programme using SS - FF links with lead lags - not good planning practice.

The way to plan MEP installations  is to use the logic of how the MEP works inteface with the structure and the presence of other trades.

For instance in a ceiling zone there are at least three MEP stages.

I you are interested I have a short method statement that I prepared for the CIOB which was not used in their book.

Send me a private message with an email and I will send you a copy.

Best regards

Mike Testro.

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Ahmad,

In my understanding the 1st fix MEP works are doing along with /after the block works (like the embedded items for the cable pulling etc).

The 2nd fix works starts after the plaster works like the HVAC ducts, fire fighting pipes above the false ceiling etc.

The final fix after the ceiling works like the light fittings, HVAC grills/diffusers.

May be there will be more items related to it.

Regards

Kannan

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

I do not know what fix steps are.

I would not fix any steps unless they needed repaired and are these mechanical stairs since you mentioned MEP ?

Are these moviing stairs maybe a escalator ? Escalator repair ?