Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changing Primavera graphics using 3rd party software?

3 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 24 min ago. Offline
Groups: None

What is the proper way to save on this forum - just hit save? if you do preview and save it seems to post it twice.  

I always thought in theory I could change Primavera Graphics using CorelDRAW because you can convert any image into vector image. ..but I have not done it.  Has anyone done anything along these lines and what software did you use?   (I never did because information tends to change every hour in hour business and it is full of people who like to tweek things.) - Has anyone ever known anyone that uses "Visualizer"  - the one in P3 was actually better, using Visualizer reminds of the old video game "Asteroids" - the spacing is crazy & I think you need really decent computer to use it.  Maybe next release...

Replies

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 1 week ago. Offline

John,

While we developed Turbo-Chart primarily for linear projects, one un-intended but positive outcome of this was the ability to generate custom Gannt charts directly from P6 data as well. If you think of Locations as being swimlanes to position tasks within, you can create some fairly complex looking outputs that is easily updated everytime you press F9 in Primavera.

There's a page about doing this here: Preparing Gantt Charts with Turbo-Chart | Turbo-Chart (turbo-chart.com)

John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 24 min ago. Offline
Groups: None

Yes, I already own it.  I have not used it much, because I was switched to a different project for which I bought it.  Those are different graphcis than what I am talking about.  I am talking about modifying gantt reports and logic maps etc.   

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline
John, I have been compensating for Primavera graphics for decades. Firstly, have you checked out Project Tracker from Willmer? At less than £200 it is a steal AND they now offer an online training course for £75(?) which is essential. The low price of Tracker disguises an amazing, daunting, amount of functionality. Most importantly, it reads the P6 database directly, so you are not creating a second data source. Next choice is to export to Excel using a Report Wizard pivot table. This does create a second data source, but without copy/paste. Using a catalogued repeatable script. Then chart wizard. Modifying graphics seems fraught with issues. You mean, say, grabbing an “S” curve and changing its orientation? See you in court!