Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Scheduling Issues in P6

2 replies [Last post]
Ken Nems
User offline. Last seen 9 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

Please can any one help me out on this issue; I have just built a new plan and fixed all links (Relationships) with the lags. Then I scheduled the plan and the contract start date changed to the scheduled date, which then changes the whole dates of activity on the programme. Please what do I need to do to keep the dates that has been given to me to use as the start date on the programme. (P6)

Many thanks.

Chuck.

Replies

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Gary,

I understand that the plan is just prepared and it may not be submitted to the Client for review. So it will be better to change the data date to the Commencement date(date earlier from the present data date) instead of inputting actuals.

Regards

Kannan

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

1) If the contract start date is earlier than the scheduled date (called "data date" by Primavera), i.e. the contract has actually started, then you need to give the contract start (and any other activities that also have an earlier start and/or finish date than the data date) actual dates.

You do this by selecting the activity, and in the activity details screen at the bottom (if this isn't there, go to view menu > show on bottom > activity details), click on the "status" tab. You will see "started" and "finished" dates with a check box next to each. for each activity that has started, check the start box, and select the correct date. Do the same for each activity that has finished.

NB: For any activities that have started but not finished, you will also need to change the "remaining duration" box to tell Primavera how many days to go after the Data Date until the activity finishes.

2) If the contract start date is later than the data date, you need to constrain the contract start activity to make sure it holds to the correct date. To do this, select the activity and again in the status tab of the activity details, you will see a "constraints" section near the bottom. From the "Primary" drop-down box, select "Start On", and in the below date box select the correct date.

Then re-chedule, and all should be fine.