Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Earned Value & Unit Percent Complete Type

3 replies [Last post]
Yaser A. Al-Bustanji
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Professionals;

Please advise me if my understanding correct or not

if we use a unit percent complete as a percent complete type and entering the actual units after progressed schedule and use set calculation of performance percent complete from the activity percent complete, is that mean earned value =  Actual value ??

Thank You a lot

yaser

Replies

Manochehr Hosseini
User offline. Last seen 5 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Yaser,

P6 use below formula to calculate EV: 

EV = Budget At Completion * Performance % Complete

in your case "performance percent complete" is equal to "unit percent complete" , so EV will ve calulated as BAC*Unit PC

and the answer to your question is no.

Regards,

Manochehr

Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 22 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Yaset

if you want to use the actuals for calculation the progress (earned value) you should also be aware that your budget at completion is actual plus remaining ! if your budget at completion changes als your earned value changes

i use several global changes to set this right (after putting in the progress)

kind regards 

Henk

Sunil Babu
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Yasser,

Earned value will be based on the unit percentage complete. You have already selected

percentage complete type as unit percent complete..

Regards,

Sunil