Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

problem with as late as possible constraint

6 replies [Last post]
ersin namli
User offline. Last seen 11 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, I have a project with resource constraint and I want to solve that without increasing my resource quantity than I had a problem with as late as possible constraint after I finished my schedule in as soon as possible constraint for all activities I leveled my project but not for activities which have available slack I leveled all of them. Than my project duration increased after the leveling operation I tried to make all my activities as late as possible but MS Project take my previous project duration and make my activities as late as possible I mean it’s clearing leveling and turns back. When I try to make my activities as late as possible after leveling I can manage to do them if I do one by one manually but after that a new problem occurs when I try to take S-CURVES It gives the cumulative cost for the first project duration.
Would you please help me about this problem if you want I can send you sample project.
ersinnamli@yahoo.com

Replies

Sivakumar G
User offline. Last seen 9 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

By giving Priority to that task you can avoid the duration problems

ersin namli
i’ve send the sample project to your mails. I wrote some about project but If you need further explanation please tell me.
ersin namli
First thanks for dealing with my problem I’m working with MS Project 2003. I tried everything but I couldn’t solve the problem and I know that its unsolvable with MS Project (without extra software)its easily seen that MS Project is deficient in leveling but its available solving the problem with critical chain consepts so i used prochain as an extra software for MS Project. I’ll send you the project as soon as possible thanks again.

Yazeer Sivori Ser...
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
I’m not so good at this levelling thingy...

- HAve you set "deadline"?
- Maybe the setting for each activity?

Need to test to check the reasons via the file...