Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Progress Bars

1 reply [Last post]
Andrew Owenson
User offline. Last seen 16 years 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Guys

I am trying to incorporate two progress charts in one msp file. An active progress chart and a static progress chart. The active is the standard tracking gantt that comes with msp with an amended table to compare planned % against actual %. The static chart is easy if in a separate file - I baseline the project and change the activity bars to baseline start and finish, rather than start and finish. I then change the progress bar to Baseline start to complete throughout. If I record the actual starts and finishes in a dummy field ie start1 etc this works fine. However if i put this view in the same file as the active chart, the progress bar works but re-aligns itself to the actual starts and finishes, so sometimes the bar goes beyond the "planned" bar if behind programme or finishes before the "planned" bar if completed ahead of programme. What I want it to do is to stay within the baseline bar - any ideas

Andrew

Replies

Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
TRY : Progress Bar = Actual Start to Complete Through

Regards.