Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Programme acceptance

5 replies [Last post]
Stuart Atkinson
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Gents, any thoughts?

I am currently working on Option C of the ECC 2nd Edition. I just need a general feeling on the issue of acceptance of either the Clause 31 or 32 programmes.

Replies

Stuart Atkinson
I think you will agree Joseph, that It would have been more than helpful if a member of the Users group would have assisted. How long do they want the programming issues within their contract to remain ’woolley’ and ill-defined?
Stuart Atkinson
Thanks Joseph
Joseph Roberts
User offline. Last seen 8 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Stuart

Also working on a Option C contract

The PM is under a clear obligation to accept/reject the programme within a set time frame (Cl31.3). My understanding is that a failure to do so would lead to a dispute under 90.1 and the matter should be refered to adjudicator for resolution.

From past experienece I have often had programmes not replied to, however for political reasons there has not been the desire to take this to adudication. The situation of neither acceptance or rejection of the latest programme makes it difficult to operate the other clauses of the contract, in particular in relation to quoting for compensation events.
Stuart Atkinson
Thanks for your reply.
I am not particularly after specific areas; I just want planners thoughts on areas such as acceptance of the programme by the PM-is he required to accept, if not there appears to be no remedy.

Jihad Daniel
User offline. Last seen 8 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Stuart,

Please be more specific and tell me your thoughts about these 2 clauses in order to share our ideas. It’s essential to differentiate between acceptance, consent, approval and agreement of programmes.

Regards,
J. Daniel