Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Formatting Column Width of UTID

2 replies [Last post]
Chris Wilson
User offline. Last seen 42 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi, 

I have aded the Unique Task ID to the spreadsheet section of my programme as I like to be able to talk about activities by number or WBS rather than lines as line numbers can change dependant on what bars are rolled up in summaries when you print. 

I am however having difficulty formatting my columns when I come to print to pdf.  I have a number of procurement streams  in the programme which have more than one activity on each line and as a result the column width when printed becomes quite wide, as it shows all UTID in the one column. 

Is there anyway around this, other than expadning the full procurement stream ou or removing the column?

Regards

Chris

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Chris

When you have more than one task in a single row just click the small + sign on the left of the title and the tasks will drop down into sequences showing a single UTID. You may have to unclick the "Task per Line" button on the Format Bar Chart menu to make this work.

Best regards Mike Testro

robmx 1
User offline. Last seen 3 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Chris, You me have already resolved this but the easiest method might be to change the column details in Table Definition - hit ‘Settings’ against Specific Task, select the ‘Specific Task’ radio button and specify Task Number ‘1’. The column will then only return the UTID for the first task in any multi task bars.